Horror Special Effects 101 Workshop By our friends Rancid House FX
The Horror Workshop was a great success. Please stay tuned for more workshops by Pendragon Productions.
Let’s face it – the horror genre has the benefit of being both popular and lucrative in the city of Houston. It’s important to realize good special effects could very well be the deciding factor that separates your film from the rest. Whether gearing up for a full feature or specialized niche contests and competitions in the horror genre, this workshop has your answers.
One of the premiere special effects team in Texas - Rancid House FX - shows you how to get started with special effects for every budget. Whether you’re a professional with a few films under your belt or just getting started, you can rest assured you will come away with new appreciation for what it takes to deliver authentic, realistic and altogether chilling & horrific special effects.
Here are some of the few effects that will be covered:
• What you need in a Special Effects Starter Kit;
• The quickest, most inexpensive way to create common injury simulation effects like blood and 1st – 3rd degree burns;
• General wounds like cuts, scrapes, bruises/black eye, broken nose, scars etc.;
• Skin effects like pimples/blister, dry/cracked lips, wrinkle stipple;
• Zombie Makeup & a Zombie Creature; and
• Compound fractures and bullet holes.
Early Registration is $150. Hurry! This workshop is sure to fill up! Seating is limited.
After August 17th Cost of workshop is $180.
An Additional Bonus for all you die-hard horror junkies:
Available for purchase: A BEN NYE SFX STARTER KIT price - $150
(To insure delivery by 8/20/11, orders must be place by 8/12/11)
You can also place orders at the workshop for future delivery or on our website.